Sunday, November 1, 2009

Happy Halloween 2009!

Halloween was not quite as eventful as it would have been if I had not been recovering from knee surgery. Matt chose to go to the OSU/Texas game on Halloween instead of helping the kids celebrate, and I am still not able to move after surgery, so once again my wonderful Daddy swooped in to the rescue. He helped me get the kids dressed and I drove them to Mike and JoAnn's neighborhood, where they hit a couple of blocks.

Nathan wasn't sure what to think at first, he was very upset that I stayed in the car and Grandpa took him up to the door. When he realized they were giving out candy, he was super cute about holding his bag out, knocking on doors with Meredith and then helping people shut the door after they gave him candy.
When we got home I had to get straight to bed and ice my knee because I pushed it too much yesterday. The kids hung out in our bed with me and ate some of their candy and snuggled, and it was the highlight of my week. Mere kept saying "Thank you for letting us eat so much candy. Thank you for taking us trick or treating. You are the best mommy in the universe!" it was so sweet. Nathan went nuts over the suckers, he couldn't even wait until the wrapper was off before he was eating them! It was fun to watch their excitement, and their costumes were a hit with the nieghbors. I am so grateful to my dad for helping to make Halloween a success.

2 comments:

  1. great costumes.
    it sounds like they had a great time, even w/ your bum knee.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for daddys! My sisters husband went to a football game too and she was irritated he didn't care about their Halloween.
    I think people rolled their eyes at my one year old trick or treating but she actually loved it. Plus she's too skinny so the doctor said we could feed her anything she wanted.
    Hope you are recovering nicely

    ReplyDelete