Sunday, December 27, 2009

Cancun

Matt and I took a trip to Cancun this year with our friends Jenny and John. We all turned 30 this year, so we decided a celebration was in order. It was the first vacation we have taken since our honeymoon nearly 8 years ago, and it was wonderful! We did a whole lot of nothing for the whole week. We left on the Saturday after Thanksgiving and came back the following Saturday. We stayed at an all-inclusive resort, which was phenomenal. I'm going to let the pictures show most of the vacation, because it was too wonderful to describe with words!

The only other item of note is that the our resort was on is in a bay, so it was not a "real" beach in my mind. Matt took me to one of the public beaches on Friday of our trip, and it was amazing. There was nobody else around, the waves were crashing loudly, the sand was beautiful and it was my favorite beach experience of my life. The beach holds some mysterious pull for me, and I feel like even if I were to get to walk on the shore every day for the rest of my life, I would never tire of hearing the waves and feeling the sand and surf. My husband is wonderful for making the effort to find a real beach for me on our vacation, and I love him so much for it!

No comments:

Post a Comment