Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Me time!




As I write this post I am sitting outside our hotel room on the patio in Cancun, watching the palm trees blow in the wind, the ocean move in the distance, and enjoying the beautiful green grass! I am finally getting some me time and I am loving it! It is helping me to re-prioritize and relax,and I think Matt and I are feeling more connected too! I am re-confirming my new lease on life with this trip, and I am so proud of myself for finally figuring out how to be healthy and centered. I feel confidant in myself these days most of the time, which is a new feeling for me. I am not feeing guilty about taking care of myself, which is another tremendous improvement.


Before we left for vacation I think we got everything in the best shape we possibly could, which helps me to be able to relax. The entire house was clean, the instructions were typed up and neatly organized in a notebook for my in-laws, and I even managed to do the super-mom thing and leave little post-it notes around the house for the kids, telling them I love them and left a few little treats for them. (Hugs and Kisses from Hersheys, a heart shaped necklace for Meredith from us, some silly putty to remind them of their silly mommy...)

Well, I didn't get this finished in Mexico, I took a nap instead! We have been home for a week now and as I started to update my blog again (being a full month behind now) I found this one. Immediately I felt relaxed and happy as I pictured our beautiful vacation. So, I will post this when I get there chronolgically and smile as I remember how nice it is to do just what I want to do when I want to do it!

Update: 26 days later, I am once again attacking the blog and getting things posted. Me time is few and far between these days, but I am hoping that after Mere heads back to school in January I can make myself a priority again. Hey, a girl can dream, right?

1 comment:

  1. i'm so, so, so jealous. what i wouldn't give to be sitting on a beach right now - especially w/ all this snow. i'm glad you guys had a good trip.

    ReplyDelete