Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Always look on the bright side of life

There is an excessive amount of drama happening with the in-laws right now and I just need to vent for a second and then remind myself that there are many positives in my life.

Venting: people who bottle up every emotion, won't talk to me if they have a problem, avoid me like the plague without ever cluing me in if I have upset them, make up lies and twist things around to suit their own neurotic purposes need to grow up and not flip flop between saying mean and hateful things behind my back and then pretending nothing ever happened (but still not talking to me) so they can maintain a relationship with my daughter. In order to have a relationship with my children, you must be at least willing to talk to me civally, you cannot use other people to go around me and try to be around my daughter. That doesn't work.

Thank you for letting me get that off my chest.

Now, the positives...Matt is in such a wonderfully healthy emotional state these days, he is so patient, kind and caring, and I really am truly blessed to have him as my husband. My children are a delight to me, and I am blessed to get to be home with them most of the time. Working 2 days a week is such a privelege, and I am grateful to have a job I love and a husband to supports our family so that I don't HAVE to work full time. Our house is beautiful, we are all healthy, and I have more wonderful friends than I could ever count, so life is good.

1 comment:

  1. that stinks all around. but like you said, you have a lot of good stuff in your life and are very lucky.

    ReplyDelete