Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Matt's first 5K

Matt ran his first 5K after less than 2 months of training. He ran in the Redbud Classic in OKC and finished in 38 minutes. The hills were brutal for him, since he had been running in our neighborhood, and it was very hot at 2 p.m. when the race started. Nathan and I went and cheered him on, we are so proud of him! Then, the next weekend he ran in his 2nd 5K, the Remember the 10 in Stillwater. He finished that one in 32 minutes, and was happy to have shaved that time off. Crazy! I am not sure I would run even if I was being chased, so I don't get the whole "runner" thing, but I am so proud of him for sticking with it, and we had a great time waiting for him to cross that finish line! Go Matty!

1 comment:

  1. wow - that is a lot of time to drop...good for him.

    ReplyDelete