Friday, April 2, 2010

So much love

I am feeling reflective today, as it is Good Friday. I have been thinking all day about Jesus and his sacrifice for mankind. It overwhelms and humbles me to think that there is so much love from God and Jesus for all of us, and how undeserving we are at times. The concept of forgiveness is one that has been especially strong in my thoughts this Lent, and the line "Forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us." from the Our Father continues to echo in my mind.

As I reflect on Good Friday, sacrificial love and forgiveness today, my beautiful children are running about, showing the purity, joy and kindness that I long to emulate. While I have been sitting here writing this, Nathan ran to the pantry and grabbed a snack. He ran over with 2 packages of crackers, one for him and one for Meredith. I know it is a small thing, and not as profound as the larger meanings of today, but I am brought to tears of joy and thankfulness as I watch my not yet 2 year old take care of his sister. She is always in his thoughts, and Meredith takes care of him too, by watching over him and teaching him, calming him when he is upset, and making him laugh. I am so blessed to have the genuine example of love at work in my life every day, and I thank God for His sacrifice that allows me to raise these tremendouly amazing little people.

1 comment:

  1. That was a sweet post, thank you for that. I agree 100%.

    ReplyDelete