Saturday, February 13, 2010

Dear winter

Dear winter,

I am ready for your friend spring to visit me instead. You have overstayed your welcome and I wish that we could have some time apart now. The kids are ready to play outside, and we are tired of wearing coats. I miss seeing colors when I look out my window, the ugly browns or dead grass and leaf-less trees can go away along with the ice, wet, cold and wind that you brought with you. Please pack up your things and leave, and perhaps with time I will be ready to see you again.

Thank you,

Blythe

Okay, I know that was silly, but I am so over cold weather! One of my favorite things about moving to Oklahoma is that I would be living someplace where the winter is much shorter and they didn't get much snow. So of course, this year we have had record storms. Murphy's law strikes again!

On an up note, we have had a good past few days. Nathan has been having some painful stomach issues this week, and was so hysterical for almost 3 hours that I finally rushed him in to see the pediatrician on Wednesday afternoon. Turns out my little man was having painful gas and constipation (lovely, I know.) and so that was why he was all of the sudden acting possessed. Now we have medication for him and we have adjusted his diet a little and he seems to only throw temper tantrums when he doesn't get his way. This is still frequent, but much more tolerable! Cooper was sick on Wednesday and Thursday, and on Friday he was still acting like spitting up was really painful, so he went back home to hang out with Kelli, who was also sick. I feel for them, I know that the stomach bug is no fun. But, it was nice to get some individual time with the kiddos over the last few days, and I am reminded again how much more manageable life with just 2 kids is! By Friday at naptime, the house was clean, laundry was done and put away, I had worked out and showered, dinner was underway, the kids had been played with and I actually had a break when I didn't have something else I should have been doing! It was WONDERFUL!

The weather subsided enough and warmed up into the 40's yesterday, so when Mere got home from school we played outside for an hour. Nathan went down the slide by himself for the first time ever, which was so cute! Here is a video to show it, I didn't get the whole thing, but at the end after he says "Whee!" he stands up and says "It's fun!" Meredith was cute playing outside too, she is very good with her brother, and loves to put on shows for me. She is definitely one who doesn't mind being the center of attention!


1 comment: