Thursday, February 18, 2010

My kids rock!

Meredith and I both had the stomach bug that has been going around, and I was impressed once again with how awesome my kids are. Meredith got sick 3 times, then was just slightly more subdued than usual. I was completely knocked out, and certain that death was right around the corner. I was out of bed for all of 15 minutes yesterday morning before turning on the tv and texting Matt to say that I couldn't make it through the day without him. I then went back to bed, where my children's awesome-ness was displayed for me over the next several hours...

Meredith helped Nathan get a drink and a snack. She played with him and entertained him for a long time, and they managed to not trash the entire house! Nathan kept running into my room at first, to check on me. He crawled over me, said "Fun! Wheee!" and jumped on the bed for the next 5 minutes, throwing himself down every few bounces and laughing. (He was cute and I was laying down, so I didn't mind.) After a while, he ran out and shut the door. About a minute later, he ran back in and came over to stare at me. I asked "Are you here to take care of Mommy?" and he smoothed the covers down, patted my head and ran out, slamming the door. 5 seconds later the door banged open again, Nathan rushed in, turned the fan on, then ran back out, shutting the door again! They were so good, well behaved, super sweet, and I really appreciated that I was able to cower in bed all morning even though Matt had to work. At 12 Matt was able to make it home and take over, but I will always be grateful that the kids were so amazing when I really needed a break. My kids are so wonderful!

1 comment: