Tuesday, February 2, 2010

The 6th day

Edmond Public Schools are closed again today, which means it is the 6th day in a row of Meredith being home all day when we can't really do much because of the weather. The kids and I have been trying to keep busy, but I am running out of ideas! We did bubble baths first thing yesterday and today because that will entertain them for up to an hour. We have painted, played games, done computer time, pretended to be puppies, played restraunt, built with blocks...I am about played out!

A few highlights:
- Meredith had a bad attitude recently (shocked!) and when she shaped up again she gave me a big hug and said "I'm sorry Mommy. I will try to be good from now on, and never fight or be mean again. Until I am a Mommy, and then I can yell at my kids."
- Nathan got out of the bathtub because he had to pee, but he doesn't know how to tell me that yet, so he tried to get my attention while I was fixing Cooper's bottle and then peed on the floor. He then wanted to sit on the toilet, so we spent the next 30 minutes hanging out in the bathroom. Nothing happened, and I am not going to push it, but I am excited that he is showing interest and isn't even 2 yet. I got a cute picture of him sitting there with his hands folded strategically, but I think I will keep it for the family viewing only!
-Matt is almost finished with the playroom wall, he got the trim up last night. Just 1 more day until the paint is dried enough that we can break out the chalk. Yippee!

2 comments:

  1. i know, when we had a bunch of snowdays, i felt like my kids watched more movies those few days than they had in the past year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see the playroom!!

    ReplyDelete