Saturday, October 24, 2009

Date night! And a few cute happenings from the kids.

God Bless my mother-in-law and sister-in-law! They are braving the Chesapeake Fall Festival with Meredith, Nathan and Cooper this afternoon. There is going to be a pumpkin patch, hay maze, hayride, face painting etc. at Kelli's office this afternoon, and they offered to take our kiddos too. I originally thought about going with them, but I am still gimpy and having a lot of knee pain. I have been using crutches, but now my left wrist is exceptionally painful andmy shoulders both hurt, so I am back to limping.

Since the kiddos are out having fun, Matty and I are going to get to see a movie! It's probably a little sad how excited I am about it, but we are off to see Couple's Retreat this afternoon before we get the kids. It should be a nice break from sitting on the couch with my knee wrapped and iced!

Mere has been hilarious lately, JoAnn was telling me that last Sunday Mere was obsessed with a grasshopper and spent an hour watching him. She said "I have a hypothesis about the grasshopper. I think he must be hurt, and that's why he isn't hopping away from me." They had to leave to go to Kelli's game, and Mere had Gigi put the grasshopper in a cup with holes poked in foil on the top. She left strict instructions for them to "Keep and eye on the grasshopper to make sure he is okay." When she got back from the game, the first thing she did was ask where the grasshopper was, but the cup and blown over and her little friend had hopped away. She said "Oh, I was afraid that would happen. I guess next time I know I just can't go to the game, I will have to stay home to make sure my grasshopper is okay."

We were driving the other day after a few days at home sick, and Meredith noticed that the trees were all changing colors. She pointed it out, then told me "When we see something different, like the leaves changing colors, that's called being observant. You were observing them, and so was I!" Funny little thing.

Nathan is now saying "bite" whenever he gets hungry, and he has added "shoe" and "zoo" to his vocabulary this week. We also think he is saying "side" for outside. He was singing along with the little people cd we have to a song called "Daddy's taking us to the zoo tomorrow", they say "Zoo, zoo, zoo, how about you, you,you" and he was jammin out with the cd! My kids crack me up!

No comments:

Post a Comment