Thursday, January 28, 2010

Can you believe it has been 10 years?

New Year's Eve 2009 marked the 10 year anniversary of my time capsule with my best friends from college. We got together and opened it this year and had a great time seeing what we thought was in store for us at that point. We had written letters to ourselves, guessed what we would be doing, made silly predictions about where we would live, number of kids etc. It was fun to see the girls again, and to see how young we all were then! Here are some of the pictures from that night. If I can find them I will post some of the pictures we saw that night too of the 5 of us from 10 years ago.


While I was in Kansas City for our time capsule shindig we also threw Jenna's baby shower. She is having twins any day now! I also got to see Lindsay, who is also one of my best friends from college but wasn't part of the pentagon because she is younger. We had a great weekend and I loved getting to hang out with everyone for several days without the kiddos. What a terrific way to start the new year!

2 comments:

  1. i'd like to hear what you guys predicted/was right/wrong. that was a great idea and even better that you're all still friends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My goals were to be a stay at home mom or a teacher! The sillier side said I would have 1 child and 3 goats and live somewhere in the country. My favorite movies are still basically the same: French Kiss, Anne of Green Gables and Frequency. My letter to myself was my favorite part, because I was far more insightful than I realized at the time. My main goal was to be happy, and i am! We are doing another one to open every 5 years from now on, which will be fun because it guarantees that we will see each other at least that often!

    ReplyDelete