Saturday, January 30, 2010

Snow (and ice) day!

We had a major ice storm here on Thursday afternoon and evening where we accumulated about an inch of ice on everything. This was followed by a full day of snow on Friday, which was gorgeous! Matt didn't go to work because the entire town was closed down, and of course there was no school, so we had a nice day just hanging out inside. Matt and I got busy first thing in the morning and deep cleaned the playroom. (I have a schedule for cleaning one area of the house each month. We wipe down all the walls, clean the baseboards, wash the light fixtures and vent covers, move all the furniture etc. so that no room ever goes too long without being really cleaned. I know, I am a bit neurotic. I have learned to embrace it rather than fight it!) He started the process of painting the chalkboard wall we have been meaning to do since we moved in, and the kids were happy doing art projects and playing dress up.

We also did some family play time, which is always a hit with the kids. I taught them a game we used to play when I was little that we call the Hot Lava game. Basically you jump around the room from pillow to pillow and on the furniture and try to avoid the carpet, which you are pretending is hot lava. Yep, it's a wild and crazy life here in the Donovan house! We played hide and seek too, which cracks Nathan up. He always hides wherever we were found last for the next round.
Matt and I took a few pictures of the ice and snow around the house, so I thought I would share them. It was a nice day being snowed in together, and I am happy that we got some things accomplished during our bonus weekend day.

No comments:

Post a Comment