Thursday, September 10, 2009

Introduction

Welcome to the Donovan Family blog! I have been addicted to reading blogs from other people for a few years now, and I have been wanting to start one for a while, so here it goes! I thought I would start by telling you what we are doing these days. We are finally all settled in to out new house in Edmond, Oklahoma. We began the moving process almost one year ago now, and we are happy to be together and settled in finally!

Matt is working at Gardener Tanenbaum Group in Oklahoma City as a Financial Analyst. He is learning a lot and is helping them to get organized so that they run more efficiantly. We are both happy to have him out of Enterprise, where they offer long hours, little pay, and weird bosses! I am happy to have him working with adults now instead of people fresh out of college who want him to hang out in bars until 2 a.m. and don't care that he has a family.

The move also put us closer to family, which is a first since we have been married. We are really enjoying being here, and I am happy that the kids will get to grow up knowing their grandparents well. I am watching my nephew, Cooper, while Matt's sister Kelli is working, and I think it is fun that Nathan gets to be around a baby and that the cousins will all grow up together. I am teaching Gymboree on Tuesday evenings, which allows me to get out of the house once in a while and is a terrific way to meet people. Plus, it's fun!

Meredith is 5 and started kindergarten a few weeks ago. She loves her class, loves her teacher, loves riding the bus and is thriving now that she has something to do every day. This is her first week with homework and she wants to spend hours working on it! I hope that attitude continues throughout her whole school career! She is doing gymnastics one morning a week and constantly dances and flips around the house. She loves to be the center of attention, and we hear "Watch me!" all the time.

Nathan is 16 months old now and is valiantly trying to start talking. He will ramble off entire paragraphs of gibberish, but he is serious about them. He will even gesture with his hands, use facial expressions and inflections in his voice to get his point across, which would be great if we understood any of the words! He is such a happy boy, he laughs and claps (his hands and mine) and runs all day long. He loves his family a lot and we constantly get big hugs, pats on the back and kisses from him. He is a mama's boy through and through, which I find delightful!

That is where we are now. I hope that as this blog continues you will check in with us, and I hope that someone finds our lives as interesting as we do. If not, I am still happy to get all these wonderful thoughts (sometimes deep and profound, sometimes just plain silly!) out of my head and recorded somewhere for posterity. I feel like life is flying by so quickly these days that I want to capture just a little bit of it to reflect on later when things slow down. We have so many blessings in our life and I want to remember to be grateful for all of them, so I need to write them down somewhere. Thanks for reading and much love to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment