Friday, September 18, 2009

*Sigh*

I need some help, prayers, guidance...I wrote last week about Meredith's homework struggles and everything, and after talking with the pediatrician today about her behavior issues, we are going to take Mere to see a psychologist. I was concerned (and have been for a while) by her completely shutting down if something doesn't go her way, and the fact that she is now so stressed about being perfect and about nothing "feeling comfortable" are signals that she might have some larger issues that we need to deal with. Perhaps some sort of sensory processing disorder, or anxiety issues. Her pediatrician agreed that it is a good idea for us to get this started now, and I did feel better that she felt it was raising some red flags as well, because it made me feel like I am not crazy. However, I am not thrilled that we have to take her to counseling already. (I spent a TON of time in counseling with different family issues from an early age and I was hoping to avoid that with my children. I guess sometimes you can't change things enough from generation to generation.)

Matt is not overly happy about it either, and we both feel that we will do anything we can to help make Meredith happy and successful in life, but we are sad that it is heading this way. Hopefully we can figure out what is going on and help Mere feel more comfortable and at ease. I am sure it's not fun to feel so much pressure to be perfect all the time, even though it is self inflicted. Any words of encouragement or prayers for us as we face another struggle would be much appreciated, sometimes I feel overwhelmed by everything.

1 comment:

  1. I am praying for her and for you and Matt! Love, Holly Austin

    ReplyDelete