Wednesday, September 30, 2009

My Super-Mom moment

The 5 o'clock rush hit me hard last night. I was trying to fix dinner, help Meredith with her homework, hold Nathan off on eating for another 15 minutes so I could fix dinner, answering the phone twice in the midst of all of this, and trying to get myself ready so that I could be at a PTA meeting right after dinner. I had the thought of just texting Matt to pick up a pizza and then sitting down on the floor crying. (If you can't beat 'em, join 'em, right?) You know that every mother in the world feels this way at some point. (If not, I need to hear your secret! Either that or clearly you have a nanny and a cook.)


So, I picked Nathan up for a snuggle, told Meredith the homework would have to wait for a while and dug deep into my bag of Mommy Tricks. I set them both on the couch and told them I had a surprise for them if they would sit there and be quiet for a minute while I get it ready. They did (thankfully!) and I ran to gather my supplies for my ingenious idea. I grabbed the ironing board and a bucket of cars. I propped one end up on the edge of the hearth and got out 2 cars, then showed the kids how to race them down. They happily entertained themselves for a whole 10 minutes so I could work on dinner.
The ironing board then turned into a stretcher so they could play hospital, a surfboard (cracked me up that they were BOTH pretending to surf!), and an aerobic step so they could work out. It was most definitely one of my finer Super-Mom moments! And let's face it, the ironing board was getting lonely in the laundry room all by itself, and when would I ever use it for it's intended purpose?


1 comment:

  1. You can get pleasure from
    Hogan Scarpe your competition boisterously because we will bestow a safe and sound condition for your feet. The Kobe shoes can give you the warmth and comfort, and can help you correct the proper position for your feet, which will let your feet Onitsuka Tiger Shoes feel good.There seems to be no suspicion that this is a truly excellent chance to boost your height along with natural power. While you put the shoes on,
    Belstaff Mens Jackets you can feel that you are athletic and can show a superb performance on the basketball court.

    ReplyDelete